QuietWalk Installation Instructions
All wood and concrete subfloors must be flat within 1/8″ over a 6′ span, or 3/16″ over a 10′ span. All areas must be checked prior to installation.
- Be sure the subfloor surface is clean and dry*.
- Roll QuietWalk Underlayment over the subfloor with the vapor barrier film (imprinted side) facing up.
- The perimeter edges of QuietWalk Underlayment need to be 1/2 to 3/4 inches away from the wall.
- Seams need to be butted together flush, do not overlap the pad. Tape the seams with duct tape, unless the roll is provided with a factory attached lip and tape system. 5. Install laminate flooring according to the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
* In geographic areas where concrete slabs are subject to excessive moisture, a calcium chloride moisture test is required. Vapor emission readings in excess of 5 lbs. per 1,000 square feet in 24 hours will require additional protection such as a concrete sealant or polyethylene sheeting.
NOTE: All rolls of QuietWalk Underlayment are cut to a minimum of 100 square feet. The average thickness of QuietWalk Underlayment is .125 of an inch. The average weight of a roll is 12 lbs.
Due to the nature of our manufacturing process and the use of recycled materials, the pad thickness may vary .02 of an inch plus-or-minus. Actual weight of each roll may also vary 1.2 lbs. plus-or-minus. While it may appear that one roll is slightly larger than another, we guarantee this slight variance DOES NOT affect the coverage area nor the sound absorption benefits of the product.
Join Our Newsletter
You are about to install your new flooring. As you lay the first plank you realize that